Taurine is a conditionally essential amino acid that is not utilized for protein synthesis, but is mainly found free in most tissues, especially throughout the nervous system.
- It functions in tissues by stabilizing cell membranes and aiding the transport of potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium in and out of cells.
- Taurine helps to generate and regulate nerve impulses and supports the maintenance of normal fluid balance.
- It is also used by the body in visual pathways, as well as in the brain and nervous system, where it works together with glycine and GABA as a neurotransmitter.
SUPPLEMENT & NUTRITION FACTS
- Serving Size: 1 gram (¼ level tsp)
- Servings Per Container: 227
SEALS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- GMP, Halal, Kosher (Triangle K), Non-GMO
Take 1/4 level teaspoon 1 to 2 times daily with juice or water, preferably between meals.
For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (including anti-hypertensive and diuretic medications), or have a medical condition (including hypotension). Keep out of reach of children. Do not eat freshness packet enclosed. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.DISCLAIMER: Information on this page is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No claim or opinion expressed on this web site is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are now taking any drugs, prescribed or not, or have a medical condition, please consult a competent physician who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal supplements. The information presented herein has not been evaluated by the FDA or the Department of Health and is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any disease or illness.