Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ 100 mg 30 softgels by Life Extension
CoQ10, PQQ and Shilajit are recommended together for mitochondrial support. This formula contains them all. PrimaVie® Shilajit has been shown to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria. Mitochondrial dysfunction is known to be involved in glaucoma.**
- Glaucoma patients may benefit from mitochondrial support**
- CoQ10, PQQ and Shilajit are recommended together for mitochondrial support**
- Antioxidant power. CoQ10, PQQ and Shilajit are highly potent antioxidants.
- Favorably modulates gene expression. PQQ activates genes that promote formation of new mitochondria10 — and beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes also support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism, and youthful cellular proliferation.12
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from the DNA contained in the nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected. PQQ’s antioxidant potency and favorable gene expression profile act to support mitochondrial defense.
Life Extension® continues to develop increasingly potent mitochondria-boosting formulations.1-4 The new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ® contains shilajit (which studies have shown doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria) plus the breakthrough compound PQQ (shown to support the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria in aging cells). This represents a three-way strategy for enhanced mitochondrial support.
1. Super Ubiquinol CoQ10
CoQ10 is required to convert the energy from fats and sugars you eat into usable cellular energy. More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the body’s production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age.5 Statin drugs also deplete CoQ10 levels in the blood, and possibly, tissues.6,7 For example, statin drugs reduce plasma CoQ10 by almost 40%—but the aging process itself reduces CoQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.8
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.9 Life Extension® offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CoQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.10
2. Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie® shilajit has been shown to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria.11 Combining CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain—40% better than CoQ10 alone. And in muscle, there was a 144% increase in energy production—27% better than CoQ10 alone.12
Shilajit boosts CoQ10’s beneficial effects by stabilizing CoQ10 in the superior ubiquinol form.13,14 Additionally, shilajit facilitates more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, which results in greater cellular energy production.15-18 Shilajit itself is rich in essential compounds that help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the body’s main source of energy.16
3. PQQ Promotes Growth of New Mitochondria
Until recently, the only options for aging individuals to promote replenishment of the declining numbers of mitochondria in their bodies were long-term calorie restriction or exhaustive physical activity—difficult or impractical for most aging people. Now PQQ offers a viable alternative: PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) promotes spontaneous production of new mitochondria.19 In fact, PQQ promotes youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
- Promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ activates genes that promote the formation of fresh mitochondria.19 It also beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation.20
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from those contained in the cell nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected—and yet situated at the source of both energy and free-radical production. PQQ’s antioxidant potency and favorable gene-expression profile powerfully boost mitochondrial defense.
- Antioxidant power. PQQ is a potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria—without breaking down—for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.21
PQQ is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body cannot make it on its own. A wealth of research demonstrates that—alone and especially in combination with CoQ10—its unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function.22-24 This should be no surprise, given how much energy these vital organs need.**
Life Extension® has identified a purified, highly potent form of PQQ from Japan that is produced through a unique fermentation process. The result is some of the highest quality PQQ available today.
The optimal dose of PQQ is 20 mg each day. Members taking Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, Mitochondrial Basics, or PQQ 10 mg caps obtain this optimal PQQ dose when taking the new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with PQQ.**
Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ
100 mg, 30 softgels
Item Catalog Number: 01733
1 softgel 1 time daily with food or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
|Serving Size: 1 Softgel|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Ubiquinol (as Kaneka QH Ubiquinol)||100 mg||**|
|PrimaVie Shilajit fulvic acid complex||100 mg||**|
|BioPQQ Pyrroloquinoline quinone disodium salt||10 mg||**|
|** Daily Value not established
†Based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet.
Medium chain triglycerides oil, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, sunflower lecithin, annatto color, beeswax, rosemary extract.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
1. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011 Dec;8(8):868-75.
2. Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2010 Jun;16(2):183-8
3. N Z Med J. 2009 Oct 30;122(1305):74-9.
4. Mol Genet Metab. 2004 Apr;81(4):263-72.
5. Mech Ageing Dev. 2010 Apr;131(4):225-35.
6. Mitochondrion. 2007 Jun;7 Suppl:S168-74.
7. Cardiol Rev. 2005 Mar-Apr;13(2):76-9.
8. Biofactors. 1999;9(2-4):291-9.
9. Exp Gerontol. 2006 Feb;41(2):130-40.
10. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2007 Feb;47(1):19-28.
11. Systemic CoQ level in animals: Part II. Unpublished study. Natreon, Inc.:2007.12.
12. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;1:817-25.
13. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:690-8.
14. Electron J Biotechn. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
15. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
16. Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
17. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
18. Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
19. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jan 1;285:142-52.
20. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/10891 . Accessed May 21, 2013.
21. Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.
22. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004 Nov;18(6):421-31.
23. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Jun;11(2):119-28.
24. FOOD Style. 2009;21:13(7)50-3.
Life Extension Foundation has one mission, and one mission only: to help you live a healthier, longer life.
In fact, we're at the forefront of medical research, constantly looking for ways to prolong youth, health, and life. And we've been at it for more than 34 years, investing more than $140 million to find therapies and technologies that could lead to lifesaving cures for the diseases of aging.
Did you know that we were the first to recommend low-dose aspirin therapy to protect against heart attack … CoQ10 for heart health … and the Omega-3s in fish oil to promote heart health?
Over 350 premium-quality formulations that are the gold standard of the industry. All are clinically validated and tested.
What is the Life Extension Foundation?
The Life Extension Foundation is one of the largest organizations dedicated to investigating every method of extending the healthy human life span. When seeking anti-aging therapies, health and nutrition, The Foundation has reported discoveries in the areas of atherosclerosis and stroke prevention, diabetes, prostate health, hormone replacement therapy, and other health concerns. The Life Extension Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization whose goal is to conquer the aging process within the next decade.
How old is the Life Extension Foundation?
The Life Extension Foundation was officially incorporated in 1980, but its founder has been involved in anti-aging research since the 1960s.
What scientific breakthroughs has the Life Extension Foundation made?
Research supported by The Life Extension Foundation has documented the value of antioxidants in extending life span and in protecting cells against ischemia (lack of blood flow). Ischemia is the leading cause of disability and death. Ischemia can be caused by the blockage of a coronary artery, which can lead to a heart attack, or a cerebral artery, which can lead to a stroke. Accident victims often die from ischemia. The Foundation supports a full time research facility that has broken all world records in protecting against ischemia-induced free radical damage. View the Foundation's scientific achievements in health and longevity.
What is the Foundation's track record in recommending Life Extension Therapies?
The Life Extension Foundation was the first organization to defy the FDA by promoting the use of antioxidant vitamins to maintain health. The Foundation was the first organization to promote the use of low dose aspirin to maintain cardiovascular health. The Foundation was the first organization to recommend against the use of iron in dietary supplements because of evidence that iron causes massive free radical damage contributing to the development of cancer, atherosclerosis and a host of other diseases. The Foundation was the first organization to inform Americans about the "miracle nutrient" coenzyme Q10, about the anti-cancer carotenoids lycopene, lutein, and xanthophyl, and about the most effective anti-aging therapy in the world, Melatonin. And the Foundation was the first organization to introduce Americans to European "smart drugs" like piracetam, centrophenoxine, and DHEA. View the Foundation's scientific achievements in health and longevity.