Pomegranate Organic 250 mg 60 caps by Paradise Herbs
Paradise Herbs organic pomegranate extract contains all important polyphenols such as ellagic acid, punicalagins, and urolithin A & B. It is this native profile of whole pomegranate polyphenol antioxidants that creates a powerful synergy not found in any one isolated compound.**
- Sealed for Your Protection
- 100% Pure
- 10:1 Concentrated Potency
- Dietary Supplement
- Certified Organic by One Cert Certified Organic
- 100% Vegetarian, Non-GMO, Since 1994
Paradise Organic Pomegranate is a potent 10:1 concentrated true full spectrum extract that ensures all active and synergistic constituents are retained in the balanced ratio nature intended without the use of toxic solvents, harsh chemicals or fractionizing gases.
250 mg 10:1 concentrate equal to 2500 mg whole root, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Item Catalog Number: P798
1 vegetarian capsule 1-3 times daily or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule|
|Amount Per Vegetarian Capsule||% Daily Value|
|Organic Pomegranate fruit extract 10:1||250 mg||*|
|*Daily Value not established.|
Capsule (vegetable material).
No fillers, binders or common allergens.
Naturally grown or ethically wild crafted without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.
Keep in a cool dry place, out of the reach of children. This product is not intended to be used by pregnant or nursing women.**DISCLAIMER: Information on this page is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No claim or opinion expressed on this web site is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are now taking any drugs, prescribed or not, or have a medical condition, please consult a competent physician who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal supplements. The information presented herein has not been evaluated by the FDA or the Department of Health and is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any disease or illness.
Extracts of pomegranate have shown promise in reducing the risk of metastasis in breast cancer.139 They initiate apoptosis (programmed cell death) and inhibit the proliferation of prostate, lung, colon, and other cancers.140-142 In both mice and humans with prostate cancer, consuming pomegranate slowed the rising levels of prostate-specific antigen (PSA), which is a marker of disease progression.143,144
Pomegranate juice has been shown in human studies to help protect cardiovascular health by significantly reducing both arterial plaque,145 lowering blood pressure,146 and improving blood lipid profiles.147 Pomegranate-derived compounds help reduce the adverse effects caused by metabolic syndrome.147
This fruit has been shown to reduce inflammation in colitis,148 enhance drug antibacterial activity,149 and suppress inflammation and joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis.150 There is even evidence that pomegranate supports the skin’s underlying structure and lowers the production of collagen-degrading enzymes, resulting in younger-looking skin.151
- Long J, Gao H, Sun L, Liu J, Zhao-Wilson X. Grape extract protects mitochondria from oxidative damage and improves locomotor dysfunction and extends lifespan in a Drosophila Parkinson’s disease model. Rejuvenation Res. 2009 Oct;12(5):321-31.
- Rocha A, Wang L, Penichet M, Martins-Green M. Pomegranate juice and specific components inhibit cell and molecular processes critical for metastasis of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012 Dec;136(3):647-58. doi: 10.1007/s10549-012-2264-5. Epub 2012 Oct 12.
- Koyoma S, Cobb LJ, Mehta HH et al. Pomegranate extract induces apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells by modulation of the IGF-IGFBP axis. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2010;20:55-62.
- Khan SA. The role of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) in colon cancer. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2009;22:346-8.
- Adhami VM, Khan N, Mukhtar H. Cancer chemoprevention by pomegranate: laboratory and clinical evidence. Nutr Cancer. 2009;61(6):811-5.
- Malik A, Afaq F, Sarfaraz S et al. Pomegranate fruit juice for chemoprevention and chemotherapy of prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2005 Oct 11;102(41):14813-8.
- Pantuck AJ, Leppert JT, Zomorodian N, et al. Phase II study of pomegranate juice for men with rising prostate-specific antigen following surgery or radiation for prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Jul 1;12(13):4018-26
- Aviram M, Rosenblat M, Gaitini D, et al. Pomegranate juice consumption for 3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis reduces common carotid intima-media thickness, blood pressure and LDL oxidation. Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;23(3):423-33.
- Aviram M, Dornfeld L. Pomegranate juice consumption inhibits serum angiotensin converting enzyme activity and reduces systolic blood pressure. Atherosclerosis. 2001 Sep;158(1):195-8.
- Medjakovic S, Jungbauer A. Pomegranate: a fruit that ameliorates metabolic syndrome. Food Funct. Epub 2012 Oct 12.
- Larrosa M, Gonzalez-Sarrias A, Yanez-Gascon MJ, et al. Anti-inflammatory properties of a pomegranate extract and its metabolite urolithin-A in a colitis rat model and the effect of colon inflammation on phenolic metabolism. J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Jul 17.
- Dey D, Debnath S, Hazra S, Ghosh S, Ray R, Hazra B. Pomegranate pericarp extract enhances the antibacterial activity of ciprofloxacin against extended-spectrum β-lactamase (ESBL) and metallo-β-lactamase (MBL) producing Gram-negative bacilli. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012 Sep 11;50(12):4302-9.
- Shukla M, Gupta K, Rasheed Z, Khan KA, Haqqi TM. Consumption of hydrolysable tannins-rich pomegranate extract suppresses inflammation and joint damage in rheumatoid arthritis. Nutrition. 2008 Jul-Aug;24(7-8):733-43.
- Aslam MN, Lansky EP, Varani J. Pomegranate as a cosmeceutical source: pomegranate fractions promote proliferation and procollagen synthesis and inhibit matrix metalloproteinase-1 production in human skin cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006 Feb 20;103(3):311-8.
About Paradise Herbs & Essentials®
FitEyes knows of no other reputable herbal manufacturer that matches Paradise Herb's full spectrum extraction method combined with raw ingredients of the highest quality and a capsule that is free of fillers and excipients. This is as close to perfection as we have found in a widely available herbal product. For this reason, Paradise Herbs is a feature FitEyes brand that we recommend and trust.
Paradise Herbs & Essentials® Inc. was established in 1994 by our founder and formulator and has been family owned and operated ever since. With a combined experience of over 26 years of training, experience and research in the natural health foods industry along with our founders extensive background in Chinese, Ayurvedic and Euro-Native American herbalism we have established ourselves as a company with big ideas and even higher standards. Our founder has received over ten years of apprentice hands-on training working directly under two Chinese medical doctors with a combined total experience of over sixty years in traditional Chinese medicine.*
At Paradise we know that the end product is only as good as your starting material. We obtain our herbs from special alliances we have built all over the world. Our herbs are grown where they are indigenous; either ethically and ecologically wild crafted or naturally cultivated without the use of any chemical fertilizers, pesticides or preservatives.*
For example: Our Ayurvedic herbs Turmeric, Ashwagandha and Holy Basil are from an isolated and pristine environment at the base of the Himalayans, or we obtain our Ginger from the Ecuadorian rain forest where it is ethically wild crafted. It is this total combination of factors: climate, soil, pristine and natural growing environment that produce the outstanding quality of all our herbs. But we don’t stop there.*
Our end product after extraction is a True Full Spectrum™ extract, although we measure standard marker compounds in most of our extracts we never fractionate or isolate. We believe in keeping all the synergistic components in the balanced ratios nature intended. We know that in many cases it is not evident which components are to be credited for the clinical effect, or if several components must act synergistically, therefore the whole root extract is always regarded as the active ingredient. It is a central philosophy of traditional herbalism to trust in the wisdom of nature to provide the most complete medicines for humans. Unlike the conventional Pharmaceutical Industry that has sought to isolate compounds to create new drugs, we believe the whole herb is the medicine and is supplying all the benefits. For example, studies have shown that a True Full Spectrum™ herbal extract of Panax Ginseng consistently outperforms an extract comprising only isolated ginsenosides. This illustrates that polysaccharides and other active constituents in Ginseng play an integral role in its clinical efficacy. Also, research analysis reveals a component in Panax Ginseng called panaxydol to inhibit cell cycle progression of human malignant tumor cells. We believe this is scientific proof for True Full Spectrum™ preparations as compared to fractionated isolates only containing the ginsenosides and possibly lacking some of the benefits.*
Our production facility is NSF certified to meet all cGMP requirements according to FDA standards. All operations are carefully documented, including in-process quality assurance checks. Equipment use/cleaning logbooks, and standard operating procedures are followed scrupulously to avoid any form of contamination or non-compliance.*
HEPA filters not only condition the air by removing moisture, they function at 95% efficiency down to 5 microns, eliminating microbial and cross-contamination. This system introduces clean air into the room creating a positive pressure which ensures that only the cleanest air contacts ingredients and finished goods.*
WE NEVER USE FILLERS OR FLOW AGENTS.
We do NOT use any flow agents or fillers such as magnesium stearate. Please refer to our link as to why we pride ourselves on delivering filler free products. Why we are filler free.
Common fillers or flow agents like magnesium stearate, calcium stearate or stearic acid are hydrogenated oils (trans fats). Not only are these oils unhealthy, they coat the capsule ingredients with a layer of saturated fat hindering nutrient absorption. Some studies we have seen list this hindrance to be as high as 80%. Doing the math on this, that cuts down nutrient contents utilized to 20%, not very good to say the least.*
All labels conform to all applicable DSHEA labeling laws.*
These standards of excellence will leave you with a finished product you can feel safe and confident consuming.*
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.