Methylcobalamin B12 1000 mcg 60 lozenges by Life Extension
Methylcobalamin Active Vitamin B12
1 mg (1000 mcg) 60 vegetarian lozenges
Item Catalog Number: 01536
- Vitamin B-12 may have a protective effect on the optic nerve and prevent visual loss in glaucoma
- A Japanese study showed that glaucoma patients who took 1500 mcg. had much lower visual loss
- Vitamin B-12 protects the myelin sheath around the optic nerve
- Long-term use of B-12 supplements may decrease the risk of cortical cataract
- A combination of B vitamins (folate, B-6 and B-12) taken daily may lower the risk of developing macular degeneration in women
- Foundation for Longer Life
- Neurologically Active Form of Vitamin B12
- Supports Nervous System Health
- Essential for DNA Synthesis
- Natural Dietary Supplement
Vitamin B12 is present in foods of animal origin, including dairy products and eggs. Thus, vegetarians are more susceptible to a dietary deficiency of this important nutrient. Likewise, vitamin B12 serum concentrations are reported to be significantly lower in elderly population groups compared to younger groups. It is estimated that 10% to 30% of individuals over the age of 50 have low stomach acid secretion which results in decreased bioavailability of vitamin B12 from food.
Methylcobalamin is the form of vitamin B12 active in the central nervous system. It is essential for cell growth and replication. In some people the liver may not convert cyanocobalamin, the common supplemental form of vitamin B12, into adequate amounts of methylcobalamin needed for proper neuronal functioning. Methylcobalamin may exert its neuroprotective effects through enhanced methylation, acceleration of nerve cell growth, or its ability to maintain already healthy homocysteine levels.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Dissolve in mouth or chew one (1) lozenge 1 to 8 times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Xylitol, natural vanilla flavor, sorbitol, stearic acid, tapioca starch, tapioca maltodextrin, vegetable stearate.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Lozenge|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||1 mg||16,667%|
Best form of vitamin B12 for glaucoma? | FitEyes.com
1. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2007 Nov;232(10):1266-74.
2. Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Feb;89(2):693S-6S
3. Prev Med. 2004 Dec;39(6):1256-66.
4. Am J Clin Nutr. 1999;70:904-910.
5. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Aug;88(2):348-55.
6. JAMA. 1997 Aug 27;278(8):659-62.
7. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1986 Nov;34(11):800-6.
8. Br J Haematol. 2010 Jan;148(2):195-204.
9. Baillieres Clin Haematol. 1995 Sep;8(3):567-601.
10. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2010 Mar;28(165):236-8.
11. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 May;64(5):495-502