Maintaining healthy levels of vitamin D helps preserve youthful cognitive function and offers broad-spectrum benefits for bone and immune system health.
- Vitamin D is important for maintaining cognitive health and function as you age. Healthy serum vitamin D levels have been shown to correspond with better scores on cognitive health tests and better maintenance of cognitive ability in aging individuals.
- Vitamin D also helps maintain blood pressure already within the normal range, supports healthy inflammatory response and endothelial function, and more.
- Vitamin D (along with vitamin K and essential minerals) is essential for facilitating the transport of calcium into the bone matrix. This is an important step in maintaining strong, healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin D also plays a critical role in healthy immune function.
- This vitamin D3 supplement delivers 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol per softgel. We suggest that you take a 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test after 3 months to assess and adjust your dosage. Your optimal blood levels should be 50–80 ng/ml year-round.
SUPPLEMENT & NUTRITION FACTS
- Serving Size: 1 softgel
- Servings Per Container: 60
Extra virgin olive oil, medium chain triglycerides, gelatin, glycerin, purified water, rosemary extract.
Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10,000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.DISCLAIMER: Information on this page is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No claim or opinion expressed on this web site is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are now taking any drugs, prescribed or not, or have a medical condition, please consult a competent physician who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal supplements. The information presented herein has not been evaluated by the FDA or the Department of Health and is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any disease or illness.