Healthy Origins® BioActive Methyl Folate (featuring Quatrefolic®) is the more stable, more bioavailable and more soluble form of folate.
- Traditional folic acid supplements are not biologically active and need to be converted to the metabolically active 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) form.
- This conversion is done through a multi-step process in the body where the enzyme Methylentetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) plays a key role.
- Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression, have polymorphic forms of this enzyme and do not produce adequate or effective MTHFR.
- Inadequate or ineffective MTHFR enzyme production makes the conversion of folic acid to active 5-MTHF very difficult
SUPPLEMENT & NUTRITION FACTS
- Serving Size: 1 veg capsule
- Servings Per Container: 120
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) vegetarian capsule daily, preferably with a meal, or as directed by a physician.
If you are taking medication or have a medical condition, please contact a physician before using this product.
Does not contain Wheat, Gluten, Soy, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts, Egg or Milk.DISCLAIMER: Information on this page is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by a competent health care professional. You should not use this information in diagnosing or treating a health problem. No claim or opinion expressed on this web site is intended to be, nor should be construed to be, medical advice. If you are now taking any drugs, prescribed or not, or have a medical condition, please consult a competent physician who is aware of herb/drug interactions before taking any herbal supplements. The information presented herein has not been evaluated by the FDA or the Department of Health and is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any disease or illness.