Bone Strength Formula with KoAct 120 caps by Life Extension
The use of diets high in collagen to improve bone health dates back to ancient cultures. Life Extension brings you this exciting formulation with KoAct®, a patented chelated form of calcium and collagen designed to maintain optimal bone health. KoAct® helps maintain bone strength and mineral density.1 This remarkable ingredient allows for greater strength and flexibility, so your bones can absorb energy, reducing the risk of age-related injuries. Additional plant extracts from bamboo and dried plum have also been added for their bone-protective minerals and polyphenols.2-8
Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® contains the following ingredients:
- Facilitates absorption of calcium into the bloodstream.
- Regulates how much calcium enters and leaves bone tissue.
- Helps regulate healthy cell division and differentiation.
- Functions as a vital co-factor in bone mineralization through the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
KoAct® is a unique patented chelated compound of calcium and hydrolyzed collagen peptides (type I collagen) designed to enhance collagen support and turnover while supporting optimal bone mineral density and strength,
- A critical component of our skeleton, with 50-60% of totally body magnesium found in bone
- Positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for repair and rebuilding.
Plays an important role in bone formation through the synthesis and/or stabilization of collagen.
Supports osteoblast (bone building cells) activity and function by upregulating cell-signaling compounds (Runx2, Osterix and IGF-1) and enhancing expression of an enzyme (lysyl oxidase) that is involved in collagen cross-linking.
Impacts steroid hormone metabolism-affecting the levels of estrogens and testosterone.
If you need extra bone support, ask your healthcare professional how Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® can be part of a comprehensive nutritional program in conjunction with proper resistance exercise.
Bone Strength Formula with KoAct®
120 vegetarian capsules
Item Catalog Number: 01725
Take four (4) capsules daily in divided doses with or without food, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||1000 IU||250%|
|Calcium (from 3000 mg KoAct Calcium Collagen Chelate and calcium fructoborate)||300 mg||30%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||100 mg||25%|
|Silicon [from standardized Bamboo (Bambusa vulgaris) extract (stem)]||5 mg||**|
|Dried Plum (Prunus domestica) extract (fruit) [standardized to 50% polyphenols by UV-Vis (50 mg)]||100 mg||**|
|Boron (calcium fructoborate as patented Fruitex B OsteoBoron)||3 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established.|
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, maltodextrin, corn starch.
Sealed for your protection.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
References1. Hooshmand S et al. Evidence for bone reversal properties of a calcium-collagen chelate, a novel dietary supplement. J Food Nutr Disor. 2013;2(1):1-6.
2. Jugdaohsingh R et al. Dietary Silicon Intake is Positively Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Men and Premenopasual Women of the Framingham Offspring Cohort. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19(2):297-307.
3. Arjmandi BH, Khalil DA, Lucas EA, et al. Dried plums improve indices of bone formation in postmenopausal women. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2002 Jan;11(1):61-8.
4. Bu SY, Lerner M, Stoecker BJ, et al. Dried plum polyphenols inhibit osteoclastogenesis by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008 Jun;82(6):475-88.
5. Franklin M, Bu SY, Lerner MR, et al. Dried plum prevents bone loss in a male osteoporosis model via IGF-I and the RANK pathway. Bone. 2006 Dec;39(6):1331-42.
6. Bu SY, Hunt TS, Smith BJ. Dried plum polyphenols attenuate the detrimental effects of TNF-alpha on osteoblast function coincident with up-regulation of Runx2, Osterix and IGF-I. J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Jan;20(1):35-44.
7. Bu SY, Lucas EA, Franklin M, et al. Comparison of dried plum supplementation and intermittent PTH in restoring bone in osteopenic orchidectomized rats. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):931-42.
8. Deyhim F, Stoecker BJ, Brusewitz GH, Devareddy L, Arjmandi BH. Dried plum reverses bone loss in an osteopenic rat model of osteoporosis. Menopause. 2005 Nov;12(6):755-62.
Life Extension Foundation has one mission, and one mission only: to help you live a healthier, longer life.
In fact, we're at the forefront of medical research, constantly looking for ways to prolong youth, health, and life. And we've been at it for more than 34 years, investing more than $140 million to find therapies and technologies that could lead to lifesaving cures for the diseases of aging.
Did you know that we were the first to recommend low-dose aspirin therapy to protect against heart attack … CoQ10 for heart health … and the Omega-3s in fish oil to promote heart health?
Over 350 premium-quality formulations that are the gold standard of the industry. All are clinically validated and tested.
What is the Life Extension Foundation?
The Life Extension Foundation is one of the largest organizations dedicated to investigating every method of extending the healthy human life span. When seeking anti-aging therapies, health and nutrition, The Foundation has reported discoveries in the areas of atherosclerosis and stroke prevention, diabetes, prostate health, hormone replacement therapy, and other health concerns. The Life Extension Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization whose goal is to conquer the aging process within the next decade.
How old is the Life Extension Foundation?
The Life Extension Foundation was officially incorporated in 1980, but its founder has been involved in anti-aging research since the 1960s.
What scientific breakthroughs has the Life Extension Foundation made?
Research supported by The Life Extension Foundation has documented the value of antioxidants in extending life span and in protecting cells against ischemia (lack of blood flow). Ischemia is the leading cause of disability and death. Ischemia can be caused by the blockage of a coronary artery, which can lead to a heart attack, or a cerebral artery, which can lead to a stroke. Accident victims often die from ischemia. The Foundation supports a full time research facility that has broken all world records in protecting against ischemia-induced free radical damage. View the Foundation's scientific achievements in health and longevity.
What is the Foundation's track record in recommending Life Extension Therapies?
The Life Extension Foundation was the first organization to defy the FDA by promoting the use of antioxidant vitamins to maintain health. The Foundation was the first organization to promote the use of low dose aspirin to maintain cardiovascular health. The Foundation was the first organization to recommend against the use of iron in dietary supplements because of evidence that iron causes massive free radical damage contributing to the development of cancer, atherosclerosis and a host of other diseases. The Foundation was the first organization to inform Americans about the "miracle nutrient" coenzyme Q10, about the anti-cancer carotenoids lycopene, lutein, and xanthophyl, and about the most effective anti-aging therapy in the world, Melatonin. And the Foundation was the first organization to introduce Americans to European "smart drugs" like piracetam, centrophenoxine, and DHEA. View the Foundation's scientific achievements in health and longevity.
Go to top</p