Bone Restore with Vitamin K2 120 caps by Life Extension
Life Extension Bone Restore is a proprietary comprehensive mineral formula which has been designed to support healthy bone density and strength. Bone Restore provides 700 milligrams of elemental calcium from three different forms, along with the critically important nutrients magnesium, 3mg boron, zinc, silicon, manganese and vitamin D3 needed for healthy bones.** Glaucoma patients should limit calcium intake. Boron is critically important for calcium retention and provides a key part of the solution to healthy bones without excessive calcium intake. The average diet supplies 1 mg per day, but it requires 3 to 6 mg daily to reduce calcium loss and support joint and bone health. Life Extension Bone Restore represents an ideal way for glaucoma patients to meet the nutrient requirements for healthy bones.
- Contains Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7 or MK-7) which is up to 10 times more bioavailable than K1.
- Contains FruiteX B® OsteoBoron®
- Scientific research has established the beneficial effects of boron on the strength of bones and joints.
- Superior Calcium Formula
- Dietary Supplement
Throughout life, cells known as osteoblasts construct bone matrix and fill it with calcium. At the same time, osteoclasts work just as busily to tear down and resorb bone. This fine balance is regulated by many factors, including systemic hormones and cytokines. Bone mass reaches its peak by the middle of the third decade of life and plateaus for about ten years, during which time bone turnover is constant, with bone formation approximately equaling bone resorption.1,2
As our bodies age, this fine balance is lost. As the relative hormone levels shift in midlife — more drastically in women than in men — the osteoclasts gain the upper hand and bone mass begins to dwindle. Some bone is already being lost by the time women reach menopause, but the rate of loss can increase up to tenfold during the first five years after menopause.2-4
Bone density loss is not just associated with calcium deficiency, but also with an insufficient intake of a host of other nutrients5-12 including magnesium11,12 and vitamin D3.13,14 In order for calcium to help maintain healthy bones, adequate amounts of vitamin D3, zinc,15,16 magnesium,17 manganese,9 and other nutrients should be available so that calcium and phosphorus can be incorporated into the bone matrix. Additionally, many forms of calcium are not particularly well absorbed.18-20
While loss of bone mineral density is more commonly experienced by women, aging men can also have this issue.21 Both men and women may experience significant deficits of magnesium if they do not supplement. Bone Restore now contains 300 mg of magnesium. Magnesium is not only needed to maintain strong bones, but it is critical to promoting a healthy vascular system.22,23 In fact, magnesium is critical for facilitating hundreds of enzymatic reactions that our bodies require to maintain optimal health.24,25
To overcome the impediments that preclude aging adults from achieving optimal calcium status, Life Extension offers a proprietary comprehensive mineral formula called Bone Restore which has been designed to support healthy bone density and strength. Bone Restore provides 700 milligrams of elemental calcium from three different forms, along with the critically important nutrients magnesium,17 boron,5,26,27 zinc,8,15,16 silicon,28-30 manganese9 and vitamin D313,14 needed for healthy bones.
In fact, the boron in this formula, called FruiteX B® OsteoBoron®, is a calcium/carbohydrate/boron complex, similar to what is found in fruits and vegetables and is more bioavailable than boron citrate. Scientific research has established the beneficial effects of boron on the strength of bones and joints.5,31-34
One reason why aging people experience bone mineral density loss even though they are taking calcium supplements is that they may not be absorbing enough elemental calcium. Bone Restore provides calcium in capsule form to ensure that it breaks down fully in the digestive tract.
Calcium and other minerals are best not taken with fiber, because fiber can interfere with their absorption.35-37 There is evidence that calcium from supplements and dairy foods may inhibit iron absorption, although it has been very difficult to distinguish between the effects of calcium on iron absorption versus other inhibitory factors, such as phytate.38-40 Although current understanding of this suggests that the inhibition of calcium on absorption of iron is of short duration and the body has adaptive mechanisms.41
Calcium supplements are best taken with meals. They should always be taken with a full glass of water, juice, or other liquid to enhance solubility.42 If calcium-containing formulas are taken only once daily, they may be best taken in the evening.43
An abundance of human clinical data reveals that vitamin K plays a critical role in maintaining healthy bone density by facilitating the transport of calcium from the bloodstream into the bone.44-48 Poor vitamin K status also results in increased circulating levels of undercarboxylated osteocalcin that is shown to be associated with increased bone loss in postmenopausal women.49,50
Vitamin K2 (menaquinones) is found in meat, eggs, and dairy products and is also made by bacteria in the human gut, which provides a certain amount of the human vitamin K requirement.51 Human studies show that vitamin K2 is up to ten times more bioavailable than K1. Vitamin K2 remains biologically active in the body far longer than K1.
In recent years, two forms of vitamin K2 have been extensively researched and the findings reveal vastly improved effects compared to K1. The MK-7 form of K2 remains bioavailable to the human body over a sustained 24-hour period and to higher levels (seven- to eightfold) during prolonged intake.48
So it’s not surprising that Bone Restore is now available with vitamin K2 (MK-7) for those not getting their vitamin K from Super Booster or Super K.**
Bone Restore with Vitamin K2
Item Catalog Number: 01727
Take four capsules daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Fruitex B® and OsteoBoron® are registered trademarks of VDF Futureceuticals, Inc. U.S. patent #5,962,049.
|Dosage and Use|
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852
The Importance of Bone Health – Life Extension
Brittle Bones and Hardened Arteries: The Hidden Link – Life Extension
The Little-Known Link Between Bone Health and Total Health – Life Extension
Vitamin K: Protection Against Arterial Calcification, Bone Loss, Cancer, and Aging - Life Extension
1. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1993 Apr;72(3):148-56.
2. Rheum Dis Clin N Am 33 (2007) 149-176
3. Eur J Clin Invest. 1988 Oct;18(5):529-34.
4. Bone. 2001 Mar;28(3):327-31.
5. Magnes Trace Elem. 1990;9(2):61-9.
6. Curr Pharm Des.2003;9(32):2687-704.
7. Ann Nutr Metab. 2002;46(6):249-53.
8. J Int Med Res. 2007 Sep-Oct;35(5):692-5.
9. J Nutr. 1994 Jul;124(7):1060-4.
10. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2006;46(8):621-8.
11. Magnes Res. 1993 Jun;6(2):155-63.
12. J Reprod Med. 1990 May;35(5):503-7.
13. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Jun;95(6):2630-3.
14. Am J Clin Nutr. 1995 Mar;61(3 Suppl):638S-45S.
15. Ann Nutr Metab. 2009;54(3):218-26
16. Toxic Sci. 2006 Jul;92(1):286-94
17. PDR for Nutritional Supplements, 1st ed. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Co.; 2001:288-95.
18. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 1999 Oct;45(5):509-17.
19. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Sep;17(7):437-42.
20. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2010;45(2):133-8.
21. Osteoporos Int. 2009 Jul;20(7):1175-82.
22. Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13.
23. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9): 773-8.
24. Front Biosci. 2004 May 1;9:1278-93.
25. South Med J. 2001 Dec;94(12):1195-201.
26. PDR for Nutritional Supplements, 1st ed. Montvale, NJ: Medical Economics Co.; 2001:60-3.
27. Environ Health Perspect. 1994 Nov;102 Suppl 7:59-63.
28. Bone. 2003 Feb;32(2):127-35.
29. Magnes Res. 1993 Sep;6(3):247-9.
30. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2009 Jun;128(3):239-47.
31. Environ Health Perspect. 1994 Nov;102 Suppl 7:83-5.
32. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2003;43(2):219-31.
33. Prog Food Nutr Sci. 1993 Oct-Dec;17(4):331-49.
34. Nutr Rev. 2008 Apr;66(4):183-91.
35. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 May;91(5):1461S-1467S.
36. Diabetes Care. 2009 Jun;32(6):990-5.
37. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 May;91(5):1430S-1432S.
38. Institute of Medicine Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2001. http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10026&page=292
39. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991 Jan;53(1):106-11.
40. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998 Jul;68(1):96-102.
41. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2010 Oct;80(4-5):293-9.
42. Osteoporos Int. 1991 Feb;1(2):65-71.
43. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1994 Sep;79(3):730-5.
44. J Bone Miner Metab. 2001;19(3):146-9.
45. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):963-72.,
46. J Bone Miner Res. 2007 Apr;22(4):509-19.
47. Natural Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7. Monograph April 2006
48. Blood. 2007 Apr 15;109(8):3279-83.
49. Vitam Horm. 2008;78:393-416.
50. Curr Drug Saf. 2006 Jan;1(1):87-97.
51. Prog Food Nutr Sci. 1992 Oct-Dec;16(4):307-43
Life Extension Foundation has one mission, and one mission only: to help you live a healthier, longer life.
In fact, we're at the forefront of medical research, constantly looking for ways to prolong youth, health, and life. And we've been at it for more than 34 years, investing more than $140 million to find therapies and technologies that could lead to lifesaving cures for the diseases of aging.
Did you know that we were the first to recommend low-dose aspirin therapy to protect against heart attack … CoQ10 for heart health … and the Omega-3s in fish oil to promote heart health?
Over 350 premium-quality formulations that are the gold standard of the industry. All are clinically validated and tested.
What is the Life Extension Foundation?
The Life Extension Foundation is one of the largest organizations dedicated to investigating every method of extending the healthy human life span. When seeking anti-aging therapies, health and nutrition, The Foundation has reported discoveries in the areas of atherosclerosis and stroke prevention, diabetes, prostate health, hormone replacement therapy, and other health concerns. The Life Extension Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization whose goal is to conquer the aging process within the next decade.
How old is the Life Extension Foundation?
The Life Extension Foundation was officially incorporated in 1980, but its founder has been involved in anti-aging research since the 1960s.
What scientific breakthroughs has the Life Extension Foundation made?
Research supported by The Life Extension Foundation has documented the value of antioxidants in extending life span and in protecting cells against ischemia (lack of blood flow). Ischemia is the leading cause of disability and death. Ischemia can be caused by the blockage of a coronary artery, which can lead to a heart attack, or a cerebral artery, which can lead to a stroke. Accident victims often die from ischemia. The Foundation supports a full time research facility that has broken all world records in protecting against ischemia-induced free radical damage. View the Foundation's scientific achievements in health and longevity.
What is the Foundation's track record in recommending Life Extension Therapies?
The Life Extension Foundation was the first organization to defy the FDA by promoting the use of antioxidant vitamins to maintain health. The Foundation was the first organization to promote the use of low dose aspirin to maintain cardiovascular health. The Foundation was the first organization to recommend against the use of iron in dietary supplements because of evidence that iron causes massive free radical damage contributing to the development of cancer, atherosclerosis and a host of other diseases. The Foundation was the first organization to inform Americans about the "miracle nutrient" coenzyme Q10, about the anti-cancer carotenoids lycopene, lutein, and xanthophyl, and about the most effective anti-aging therapy in the world, Melatonin. And the Foundation was the first organization to introduce Americans to European "smart drugs" like piracetam, centrophenoxine, and DHEA. View the Foundation's scientific achievements in health and longevity.