Coconut Oil Organic Extra Virgin 54oz by Healthy Origin
Coconut Oil Organic Extra Virgin
Item Catalog Number: 67007
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 100% Natural
- One of Nature's Healthiest Cooking Oils*
- Contains 62% Medium Chain Triglycerides
- USDA Organic
- Dietary Supplement
- Certified Organic by Pro-Cert
- Certified Kosher by Orthodox Union
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Contains lauric acid. A number of health claims have been made for lauric acid. According to proponents, it’s a wonder substance with possible antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral properties that could also, in theory, combat HIV, clear up acne and speed up your metabolism.*
- Dr. Mercola says coconut oil is the smartest choice for cooking, is good for your heart, contains the kind of fat found in mothers’ milk, enhances immunity, and helps with weight loss by stimulating metabolism.*
- Dr. Oz says it is a heart healthy food that helps resist viruses, bacteria, yeast, fungi, and candida; boosts thyroid function; improves blood sugar control and reduces the need for insulin; increases energy and endurance; increases digestion and improves absorption of vitamins; lowers cholesterol; helps control weight; has anti-aging effects; is good for skin and hair; and is quite safe to take in reasonable amounts.*
- The Wellness Mama website lists 101 uses for coconut oil, including treating sunburns, athlete’s foot, Alzheimer’s disease, nasal allergies, arthritis, insomnia, autism, heartburn, hemorrhoids, depression, acne, cellulite, mosquito bites, and lice.*
For many generations, coconut oil has been a dietary staple in African, Asian and Polynesian cultures for its fatty acid content, great taste, and abundancy.
In an article on glaucoma at dcnutrition.com, the author recommends the following dietary suggestions:
Eliminate hydrogenated fats and oils such as margarine. Eat only coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and fish oils as your only source of dietary oils.Healthy Origins Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed, 100% pure, and kosher certified.
Take one (1) tablespoon once or twice daily with a meal.
Organic extra virgin coconut oil.
Contains: Tree nuts (coconut).
No sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, soy, fish, shellfish, nuts, egg or dairy. No artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors or preservatives.
Made without pesticides, refining, bleaching, hydrogenation or hexane.
Note: No refrigeration required; This product is solid at room temperature and melts at 76°F.
|Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (14 g)|
Servings per Container: 109
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat||13 g||65%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
|Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.